In development for over 4 Years, SAMM MD (Safety and Motion Monitoring w Motion Detection) System is an MRI Patient motion detection system designed for MRI Suites. It enables technologists to automatically detect motion in real time, reducing the number of imaging artifacts and costly re-scans. The SAMM MD System consists of high definition cameras that are MR-safe, RF shielded and come paired with a high-performance computer system with pre-installed, customizable software. The technology allows technologists to monitor MRI patients during scanning procedures, with the added feature of motion detection. Every patient video can be saved after their scan for training and liability purposes. The medical device is currently patented with the USPTO.
- Important Features:
- Gives the technologist the option to automatically pauses the MRI scanner during patient motion or movement to help increase patient safety, reduce repeat scans, and increase image quality.
- Adds a dual HD MRI patient bore CCTY System – fast becoming a standard feature in the MRI Suite on its own
- Visually and audibly alert and record anyone entering one of the most dangerous rooms in a hospital or imaging center, the MRI room, 24/7
- Optionally record the MRI patient during their entire MRI scan, as soon as they enter the MRI room
- Allow MRI technologists to actually “see their patients” in real-time with MRI-compatible HD video display
- Fully integrate with MRI patient worklist so patient videos are time-stamped and searchable to help reduce potential future legal exposure(s)
- Record videos that can be used to help with Technologist training to reduce claustrophobia and increase patient safety
- Audibly alerts patients that their motion has been detected and requests that they remain still
- SAMM MD includes:
- MR-safe HD video cameras
- Computer with motion tracking software
- Monitors with touchscreen interface
* Console may vary from picture.